Toll Free: 877-972-9322
Upload your resume here or fill out the form below
Licensed Practical Nurse
Medical Staffing Solutions, USA, is seeking PRN Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) to provide services at the Armed Forces Retirement Home in Washington, DC. The Armed Forces Retirement Home (AFRH) provides residences and related services for certain retired and former members of the US Armed Forces. It is considered the premier retirement community for America’s military veterans offering modern facilities, dynamic activities, healthy meals, wellness programs, advanced care, and much more.
Nursing services are 24 hours a day, 365 days per year (366 days during leap years), including holidays. Shift times consist of eight (8) hours shifts to include a forty five (30) minute uncompensated meal break
Major Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Observe resident’s changing condition and participate in revising care plans throughout a shift, consistent with recognized nursing standards in accordance with appropriate nursing care and prescribed medical treatment while adhering to all legal, ethical, nursing, and evidence-based practice guidelines.
- Assess and record information regarding the resident’s condition and establish a plan of action to carry out nursing care.
- Support the resident and/or family members in the integration of the care plan toward the achievement of stated goals.
- Provide to the resident communication and teaching information and education, before and after procedures, treatments, medication administration.
- Administer prescribed medications (oral, topical, and intramuscular injection), and monitor for any physical or emotional contradictions to the medications. Proper certification for IVs by LPN/LVNs is required.
- Perform a range of diagnostic support duties which includes: taking vital signs, obtaining specimens, venipuncture (if certified) calling the laboratory for lab reports, recording lab reports given over the telephone, and assisting the physician in a variety of diagnostic examinations. Follow up on resident care and acts as a liaison with other healthcare professionals regarding residents’ needs for continuity of care.
- Perform a range of treatment procedures that include but are not limited to, using hot and cold packs, extensive sterile dressing changes, giving enemas, inserting urinary catheters, passing medications, caring for residents in isolation, setting up and giving treatments that require auxiliary equipment such as oxygen and suction.
- Certification: Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider through the American Heart Association
- Licensure: Valid, unrestricted, RN license in the state of District of Columbia.
- Experience: One Year of practical experience as a Licensed Practical Nurse in a hospital or clinical setting.
- Geriatric experience a plus but not required
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Disability Insurance, 401(k)
It is a policy of MSS to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local law.