Toll Free: 877-972-9322
Upload your resume here or fill out the form below
Medical Staffing Solutions, USA has an excellent opportunity for an experienced part time Radiation Therapist to join our team at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center located in Bethesda, Maryland serving the military community and their families.
What you will do:
Perform the following Radiation Therapist tasks and responsibilities:
- Set up patients and perform necessary adjustments to patient position as needed.
- Recognize physical symptoms resulting from radiation therapy and bring those symptoms to the attention of the Radiation Oncologist as necessary.
- Observe equipment for proper operation. Detect equipment malfunctions, report malfunctions to therapy physicist, and know the safe limits of equipment operation.
- Deliver a planned course of radiation therapy.
- Be responsible for the safe and effective operation of equipment used in patient care.
- Utilize collimator, equipment locks, mechanical tables, Kodak film, screen systems and possess knowledge of radiation protection standards, devices and techniques.
- Monitor patient’s vital signs for adverse reactions to treatment.
- Demonstrate responsibility for the safe and effective operation of equipment used in patient care and contributing to a safe working environment, to include safe practices of emergency procedures, proper handling of hazardous materials and maintaining physical security.
What you will need:
- Must pass pre-employment examination Must be proficient in written and spoken English Background and-or Security Investigation required
- Certification as a Radiation Therapist by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT).
- Have at least twelve consecutive months experience as a Radiation Therapist within the past five years;
- Current BLS certification through the American Heart Association.
- Citizen of the United States.
Full job description will be sent to qualified candidates
It is a policy of MSS to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local law.